Reporting to the Director of Global Product Marketing – LC Systems, this position will be responsible for developing and implementing business strategy, new product ideation, commercialization, life-cycle management and sustaining marketing activities across multiple chromatography product lines (analytical, preparative, HPLC, UPLC, SFC). This is a highly visible, global role that requires attention to detail, the ability to comprehend and translate technical capabilities into benefits, and the ability to lead through influence with a number of cross-functional teams across the entire Waters Division. A self-directed, highly motivated individual with strong business acumen as well as technical and market knowledge would be ideal for this position.
• Deliver annual operating plan revenue for LC Systems
• Develop periodic sales forecasts for LC Systems to support demand planning
• Track LC Systems sales and prepare business analyses to describe observed trends
• Curate the LC Systems portfolio in relation to Waters’ overall strategy
• In close collaboration with market segment leaders, global products, and scientific operations, define and develop the LC Systems roadmap
• Develop and communicate comprehensive market requirements and business case documents to support justification and prioritization of new product development and/or enhancement concepts
• Participate in cross-functional product development teams at multiple stages in a phase-gate development process
• Recruit and lead cross-functional product commercialization teams
• In close collaboration with marketing services, market segment leaders and scientific operations, define, develop and deliver both marketing and technical content
• In close collaboration with field marketing and sales management, develop and execute strong global and regionally-focused marketing plans for LC Systems
• Develop and deliver technical presentations through a variety of live and virtual formats
• Develop and communicate Waters’ LC Systems positioning relative to competitive products
• Acquire and maintain competitive intelligence to develop and communicate timely responses for both internal and external audiences
• In close collaboration with sales enablement, develop and deliver internal training content for LC Systems
• Minimum BS degree in Chemistry, technology or related scientific or business discipline. Advanced degree is highly preferred.
• Minimum of 5 years’ experience in a product marketing, product management, business development or other customer-facing role in a technology domain
• Minimum of 3 years’ industry experience with chromatography or analytical instrumentation. Experience with Waters and / or its competitors' HPLC, UPLC and SFC instruments is preferred.
• Demonstrated familiarity with common applications for LC Systems
• Proven ability to manage and complete multiple projects with tight timelines
• Proven track record of implementing 'Go To Market' product strategies
• Proven ability to influence cross-functional teams without formal authority
• Familiarity with, and comfort functioning within, a phase-gate product development process
• Familiarity with basic financial analysis and opportunity assessment
• Exceptional written and oral communication skills
• Exceptional organization and problem solving skills
• Exceptional interpersonal skills
• Ability to travel domestically and internationally up to 30%
Waters Corporation (NYSE: WAT), the world's leading specialty measurement company, has pioneered chromatography, mass spectrometry and thermal analysis innovations serving the life, materials and food sciences for 60 years. With approximately 7,000 employees worldwide, Waters operates directly in 31 countries, including 15 manufacturing facilities, and with products available in more than 100 countries.
Waters Corporation's businesses include Waters, TA Instruments, VICAM, ERA, and Nonlinear Dynamics.
Waters creates business advantages for laboratory-dependent organizations by delivering ultra performance liquid chromatography (UPLC), high-performance liquid chromatography (HPLC), chromatography columns and chemistry products, mass spectrometry systems, laboratory informatics solutions, and comprehensive service programs to enable significant advancement in healthcare delivery, environmental management, food safety, and water quality.
Diversity and inclusion are fundamental to our core values at Waters Corporation. Celebrating diversity is important to us. We thrive on it for the benefit of our employees, our products, our customers and our community. Waters is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, marital status, disability, gender identity or protected Veteran status.