UNIFI is the next generation platform revolutionizing laboratory informatics. Waters UNIFI Scientific Information Systems is an integrated workflow focused data platform that delivers significant productivity improvements. Designed for use in both the regulated and non-regulated laboratory, the scalable open architecture provides a future proof systems solution that grows as laboratory needs grow.
The Informatics Product Owner, Data Management understands and aligns end-user needs with the needs of the business, and creates a purpose driven development roadmap for data management of our scientific information platform. As an influential member of our Informatics team, the Product Owner works cross functionally to envision, plan, prioritize and drive product development based on internal and market priorities delivering the next generation of scientific data management system.
• Accountable for the elicitation and definition of a Vision for informatics applications, workflows and products that will maximize the success of for analytical labs and customers
• Accountable for ensuring that Vision addresses the needs of Waters customers to maximize success
• Accountable for articulating that vision within Waters Informatics and the wider Business
• Accountable for breaking that vision down into an effective product backlog that can be incrementally delivered by Informatics development teams
• Collaborate continually with the Program PO to ensure that the product vision aligns with the overall vision for the Program
• Accountable for the definition and prioritization of the product backlog to deliver the highest business value, balancing planned and unplanned work
• Build a network of channels and contributors including Customer Success, Global Service Support, Marketing and Field stakeholders to harvest ‘Voice of the Customer’ requirements into comprehensive and justifiable product requirements
• Ensure clear Milestone Goals and objectives are set and collaborate with Project Manager to maximize visibility and transparency across the Program.
• Collaborate within the PO Team to ensure products and dependencies are aligned and managed and requirements are being re-used
• Communicate regularly with Marketing to the Field and wider business the benefits of informatics products through webcasts, demos, presentations, and other appropriate communications channels
• Act as technical advisor and conduit between other departments/vertical markets
• Ensure prioritization of all product related issues within other departments to maximize commercial opportunity; this includes Sales, Marketing, Research & Development, Service, Technical Support and Production
• Align product lifecycle decisions with other Waters products and services to harmonize product offerings and maximize market potential
• Bachelor Degree in Computer Science or other technical degree.
• Minimum of 5 years of proven experience with relevant enterprise data management software and industry knowledge.
• Proven record of product delivery in a PO role.
• Demonstrated ability of leadership and decision making with a team
• Strong knowledge of data management in analytical laboratories preferred.
• Knowledge of cGMP regulations, regulated and non-regulated environments preferred.
• Travel both domestically and internationally is required (estimated maximum 20% of time).
• Strong knowledge of Data Management Systems.
• Strong knowledge of Informatics product portfolio with emphasis on data and document management, data integrity, and regulatory compliance.
• Strong knowledge of software development and production in an enterprise scale environment.
• An appreciation of APIs, third party software integrations, and platform architecture.
• Strong leadership skills balancing the needs of the business, customers, stakeholders and engineering teams.
• Strong decision making, networking, and presentation skills.
Waters Corporation (NYSE: WAT), the world's leading specialty measurement company, has pioneered chromatography, mass spectrometry and thermal analysis innovations serving the life, materials and food sciences for nearly 60 years. With approximately 7,000 employees worldwide, Waters operates directly in 31 countries, including 15 manufacturing facilities, and with products available in more than 100 countries.
Waters Corporation's businesses include Waters, TA Instruments, VICAM, ERA, and Nonlinear Dynamics.
Waters creates business advantages for laboratory-dependent organizations by delivering ultra performance liquid chromatography (UPLC), high-performance liquid chromatography (HPLC), chromatography columns and chemistry products, mass spectrometry systems, laboratory informatics solutions, and comprehensive service programs to enable significant advancement in healthcare delivery, environmental management, food safety, and water quality.
Diversity and inclusion are fundamental to our core values at Waters Corporation. Celebrating diversity is important to us. We thrive on it for the benefit of our employees, our products, our customers and our community. Waters is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, marital status, disability, gender identity or protected Veteran status.