For over 50 years, Waters Corporation has developed innovative analytical science solutions to support customer discoveries, operations, performance, and regulatory compliance. Specifically, the company designs, manufactures, sells, and services high performance liquid chromatography, ultra performance liquid chromatography, and mass spectrometry technology systems and support products primarily in the United States, Europe, Japan, and Asia. Our innovations enable significant advancements within the pharmaceutical, life science, biochemical, industrial, food safety, environmental, academic and government industries. Waters is a publicly traded corporation (NYSE:WAT) with more than 6,500 employees and is represented in over 100 countries around the world.
Waters Corporation is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status.
This position represents an exciting opportunity for a scientist to perform qualification and evaluation of Waters Technologies and Solutions. This position will report directly to the Sustaining Qualification Team Manager in which the individual will help create, execute and validate Qualification protocols for Waters systems and solutions. The individual will work closely with Waters R&D, GSS and Marketing in order to continuously develop product features and functionality.
• Ensure that quality system procedures and Health & Safety standards are adhered to at all times.
• Develop and maintain qualification methods for LC/MS/CDS systems and also stand-alone instruments.
• Design and develop/maintain test cases relevant to Qualification method testing and evaluation.
• Provide supporting documentation as required by the SPDP
• Works collaboratively across the Waters organization, with product marketing, development, engineering, global service support, new product development, quality and R&D on current, new products and solutions that will better
meet customer business objectives.
• A Bachelors Degree or equivalent preferably in Chemistry, Analytical Chemistry, Biochemistry, Physics, related science field of study
• Relevant, hands-on knowledge of Mass Spectrometry and Chromatography and their real-world application, gained through industrial experience with a supplier or user of these technologies.
• Previous experience developing and evaluating System Qualification procedures, protocols and tests for LC/MS systems strong preferred.
• Previous technical experience setting up, operating, maintain and troubleshooting LC/MS technologies strongly preferred
• Experienced evaluating, qualifying, validating instrumentation within highly regulated environments strong preferred.
• A deep understanding of experimental design and the fundamentals of analytical science
• Ability to work with process.
• Experience working in a regulated environment.
• Experience and knowledge of writing SOP in a regulated environment.
• Performed and written protocols for use in a regulated environment.
• Use of software packages (for example; IBM DOORS) to capture, trace, analyze and manage qualification activity to comply with a highly regulated quality process to maintain standards.
• Excellent organizational, numerical, verbal and written communication skills.